If you run a non-profit or you are responsible for their marketing and you aren’t taking advantage of Google Ad Grants, then buckle up. We are about to let you in on one of the best kept secrets in non-profit advertising—and honestly, it really isn’t a secret, just a significantly under-utilized grant. For those that qualify, you can get $10,000 a month in free advertising for your non-profit., that’s right, $10,000 each and every month.
Stay tuned and we will tell you more about these grants, what the requirements are to qualify for them, and how we can help turn that $10,000 a month into $40,000 a month.
What Are Google Ad Grants?
Google Ad Grants allow non-profits to run search engine ads, just like regular Google ads, on Google’s dime. If you qualify for the Google Ad Grant, you can use them to recruit more volunteers or you can use them to get donations. People are always looking to help, to volunteer, and to donate to non-profits just like yours—but they can’t find you if you aren’t making yourself known. Now Google will help you get your non-profit out there on the internet, for everyone to see.
Some things to know about your ads:
- Your ads will be text-based; there are no video or display ads.
- The maximum Cost-Per-Click (CPC) allowed is $2.00.
How Do I Know if I Qualify for Google Ad Grants?
Here are the basic ways to know whether or not you qualify for Google Ad Grants:
- Do you hold charity status (based on the definition of charity status in your country)? Such as a 501c3?
- Have you acknowledged and agreed to Google’s required certifications regarding non-discrimination and donation receipt and use?
- Do you have a live website with substantial content?
If you meet all these requirements and you are in one of the 50 countries that participates in the program—and you aren’t a governmental entity, a hospital or medical group, a school, academic or educational group—you are eligible and probably qualify for the Google Ad Grants.
How Do I Apply?
You can start the application process here, or reach out to us and we can help expedite the process.
How Do I Continue to Receive the Grant if My Organization is Selected?
There are requirements to maintain your eligibility for Google Ad Grant. So here are the things you must do if you want to stay qualified:
- Ensure that your ads are only linked to the website that was approved in your application.
- Actively manage your account by logging in at least once a month and making one change to your account regularly.
- Make sure that your ads and keywords are relevant to your organization.
- If you are promoting products or services, ensure that 100% of the proceeds go directly to supporting your program.
- Your ads cannot offer financial products, nor can they request donations of cars, boats, or property.
- Guarantee that you are not displaying Google AdSense or any affiliate links or ads on your website.
Maximizing Results to Propel Your Organization
If done properly, using this daily budget of about $329 a day can really have an impact on your organization. What is even better is that if done well, and if you consistently hit your spending limit, you may be eligible to apply for an increase and can qualify for a ‘Google Ads Grant Pro’ where you can get $40,000 a month in advertising. So, what are you waiting for? Stop leaving $10,000 a month on the table.